Choosing Charleston GI
Charleston Gastroenterology Center is the first and the largest independent ambulatory endoscopy center in Charleston. Our practice is dedicated to gastrointestinal diagnosis and treatment.
Our three locations offer the most sophisticated and current technology to patients from Beaufort to Georgetown and throughout the region. We strive to offer our patients a technologically advanced, welcoming space where they can manage their gastrointestinal health with confidence and ease.
Our gastroenterologists evaluate patient symptoms and determine the course of treatment. We work with the referring Primary Care Physician to best meet the patient’s needs.
Why Refer to Charleston GI?
Our integrity, experience, and technology make us the first choice of referring physicians.
Our practice is dedicated to gastrointestinal diagnosis and treatment. Our team includes eleven outstanding physicians; all Board Certified in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology, with a combined experience of over 100 years of treating patients.
In service of our patients, we have invested in the most sophisticated and current technology available in gastroenterological medicine.
Some medical and procedural specializations include:
- Diagnosis and treatment of diseases of the stomach, intestine, gallbladder, liver, and pancreas
- Endoscopic Ultrasound (EUS)
- Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography (ERCP)
- Hemorrhoid Banding
- Capsule Endoscopy
- Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography
- Flexible Sigmoidoscopy
- Upper Endoscopy (EGD)
- Hepatitis C
2014 Practice Statistics
- 12,496 procedures
- 7,976 colonoscopies, of those, discovered 2,629 pre-cancerous polyps and 32 cancers
- 15 of the 28 were female; 13 male
- the youngest was age 36; the oldest was age 96